- All paperwork (Athletic Packet) needs to be turned in BY January 15
- Be versatile about events
- How to make this team:
- Be committed (be at all practices)
- Be competitive
- Work hard (complete workouts)
- Be prepared (diet and nutrition)
- Be serious about track and field
- Be approximately in the top 6 athletes in your event area.
Mandatory Practice Schedule for the first two weeks:
March 15-20 – Monday-Friday 3:00-5:30 pm; Saturday 9:00-11:00 March 22-27 – Monday-Friday 3:00-5:30 pm; Saturday 8:00-Noon
***TIME TRIALS – Friday/Saturday March 26-27
TRYOUT EVENTS – 100m, 400m, 300H, a distance race, Long Jump, Triple Jump, High Jump, Shot Put, Discus, Pole Vault
Normal Practices are Monday-Friday 3:00-5:30 pm-ish (*can be released early)
GET A HEAD START:
Voluntary preseason workouts will be Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays starting Monday 1/11/21 after school at 3:15 PM in the stadium.
** Returnees should be out there. Your varsity spot is NOT guaranteed!
**Mandatory Parent Meeting – TBD
- Choose an event area you want to be in, or think you can be good at
- What are your strengths? (speed, endurance, power, jumping) Each strength leads to a specific event area
- The learned (technical) events (hurdles, jumps, pole vault, throws, and even distances) take time to master—you must be persistent!
*Be careful not to try and master too many technical events in the first year—they are time consuming.
**If you are a sprinter you should attempt to jump or hurdle. If you are fast in the 100m you can probably also long jump!