- All paperwork (Athletic Packet)
- Be versatile about events
- How to make this team:
- Be committed (be at all practices)
- Be competitive
- Work hard (complete workouts)
- Be prepared (diet and nutrition)
- Be serious about track and field
- Be approximately in the top 6 athletes in your event area.
Mandatory Practice Schedule for the First 2 Weeks:
Practice will be held Monday through Friday, with practice times varying by event:
- Sprints, jumps, hurdles, and throws athletes practice is 3:15-5:15 PM.
- Pole Vault practice is Tuesdays and Thursdays 6:00-7:30 PM. They will practice with the other event areas on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays (3:15-5:15 PM).
- Distance athletes will move into Track once they are done with Cross Country. *Note: Distance athletes who only want to run track will still train with the cross country team.
- Optional practice may be held on Saturdays, holidays, and spring break.
***TIME TRIALS – Friday, March 12 (3:15-5:15PM) /Saturday 13 (8:00-11:00AM)
TRYOUT EVENTS – 100m, 400m, 300H, Long Jump, Triple Jump, High Jump, Shot Put, Discus, Pole Vault
Normal Practices are Monday-Friday 3:15-5:15 pm-ish (*can be released early)
GET A HEAD START:
Voluntary preseason workouts will be Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays starting Monday 1/11/21 after school at 3:15 PM in the stadium.
** Returnees should be out there. Your varsity spot is NOT guaranteed!
**Mandatory Parent Meeting – March 15