- All paperwork (Athletic Packet) needs to be turned in BY January 15
- Be versatile about events
- How to make this team: ***YES THERE WILL BE CUTS***
- Be committed (be at all practices)
- Be competitive
- Work hard (complete workouts)
- Be prepared (diet and nutrition)
- Be serious about track and field
- Be approximately in the top 6 athletes in your event area.
Mandatory Practice Schedule for the first two weeks:
Monday-Thursday, February 11-14 at 3:00 pm – Practice begins, meet at the track
Friday, February 15 and Monday, February 18 – Optional practice (go if you are in town!) 9:00-11:00am
Tuesday- Friday, Feb. 19-22 – 3:00-5:00 pm (***TIME TRIALS START FRIDAY)
Saturday, Feb 23 at 8 am-Noon **** TIME TRIAL – TRY OUTS
TRYOUT EVENTS – 100m, 400m, 300H, a distance race, Long Jump, Triple Jump, High Jump, Shot Put, Discus, Pole Vault
Normal Practices are Monday-Friday 2:50-5:30 pm-ish (*subject to change)
GET A HEAD START:
There are voluntary preseason workouts underway on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays starting Monday 12/3 after school at 3:00 PM in the stadium. See Coach Falcis-Stevens in room J70 for workouts.
** Returnees should be out there. Your varsity spot is NOT guaranteed!
**Mandatory Parent Meeting – Feb 25, 2019 @ 6 pm
- Choose an event area you want to be in, or think you can be good at
- What are your strengths? (speed, endurance, power, jumping) Each strength leads to a specific event area
- The learned (technical) events (hurdles, jumps, pole vault, throws, and even distances) take time to master—you must be persistent!
*Be careful not to try and master too many technical events in the first year—they are time consuming.
**If you are a sprinter you should attempt to jump or hurdle. If you are fast in the 100m you can probably also long jump!