- All paperwork (Athletic Packet) needs to be turned in BY February 1
- Be versatile about events
- How to make this team: ***YES THERE WILL BE CUTS***
- Be committed (be at all practices)
- Be competitive
- Work hard (complete workouts)
- Be prepared (diet and nutrition)
- Be serious about track and field
- Be approximately in the top 6 athletes in your event area.
Mandatory Practice Schedule for the first week:
Monday, February 20 at 9:00 am – Practice begins, meet at the track
Tuesday- Friday, Feb. 21-25 – 2:50-5:00 pm (***TIME TRIALS START FRIDAY)
Saturday, Feb 26 at 8 am **** TIME TRIAL – TRY OUTS
TRYOUT EVENTS – 100m, 400m, 300H, a distance race, LJ, TJ, HJ, SP, Discus, PV
Normal Practices are Monday-Friday 2:50-5:30 pm (*subject to change)
GET A HEAD START:
There are voluntary preseason workouts underway on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays starting Monday 12/5 after school at 3:00 PM in the stadium. See Coach Falcis-Stevens in room J70 for workouts.
** Returnees should be out there. Your varsity spot is NOT guaranteed!
**Mandatory Parent Meeting – TBD
- Choose an event area you want to be in, or think you can be good at
- What are your strengths? (speed, endurance, power, jumping) Each strength leads to a specific event area
- The learned (technical) events (hurdles, jumps, pole vault, throws, and even distances) take time to master—you must be persistent!
*Be careful not to try and master too many technical events in the first year—they are time consuming.
**If you are a sprinter you should attempt to jump or hurdle. If you are fast in the 100m you can probably also long jump!