To qualify for CIF finals:
The athlete must finished top nine in D1.
– In field events, between 9 and 12 may qualify. They will jump athletes out to get down to this number (more info at practice tomorrow)
To compete in the A heat (state qualifying heat):
Must finish in the top nine of D1 and D2.
– the B heat will be #10-18
To qualify for state:
Must finish in the top three of the A heat at CIF finals OR Hit the CIF state qualifying Mark at CIF finals in the A heat.
***Note: If a B heat athlete hits the state qualifying mark, ALL 3 A heat athletes must hit the state qualifying mark for the B heat athlete to go.
– Athlete must be wearing a school approved uniform.
– If any undergarments go below the knee (i.e.tights), it must be a solid color including stitching.
– All warmup clothing (Sweats, sweatshirts, T-shirts, Shorts) must be representative of TP track and field. Athletes cannot wear clothing that represents another TP sport or a different school/college.
– All headbands must be a solid color.
Running event athletes will check in at the clerk of the course which is located in the warm-up area 30-45 min prior to start of the event.
Field event athletes will check in at the event area appx 45 min prior to the start of the event.
If the athlete is listed as an alternate, they will need to check in to see if there are any scratches.