To qualify for CIF finals: (we are in Division 1)
At CIF Finals for laned races, 800 and horizontal field events:
A Heat – Top 9
B heat – 10-18
– In the 800, the prelims winner of D1 and D2 automatically move into the A heat plus the next 7 fastest times. The rest are in the B heat.
– In the 1600 + 3200, top 12 move on. The top 2 in D1 and D2 move into the A heat plus next 8 fastest times. The rest are in the B heat.
– In the vertical events (HJ + PV), the top 9-12 are taken from each division where there is a natural break. All ties are broken based on misses. The top half go into the A Heat, the bottom half go into the B Heat.
To qualify for state:
Must finish in the top three in the A or B heats at CIF finals OR Hit the CIF state qualifying Mark at CIF finals.
– Athlete must be wearing a school approved uniform.
– If any undergarments go below the knee (i.e.tights), it must be a solid color including stitching.
– All warmup clothing (Sweats, sweatshirts, T-shirts, Shorts) must be representative of TP track and field or nothing. Athletes cannot wear clothing that represents another TP sport (i.e. football or cross country) or a different school/college.
– All headbands must be a solid color.
Running event athletes will check in at the clerk of the course which is located in the warm-up area 30-45 min prior to start of the event.
Field event athletes will check in at the event area appx 45 min prior to the start of the event.